I thanked the young couple for the plentiful meal, wished them a good day and made my way up the road, didn’t have to walk very far before I spotted a large, yellow house with a white picket fence surrounding it.
A large sign was posted outside with large black lettering on it: “Our family’s hearts beat as one! The Winstrate’s house.”
– Ahem! Hello!
There was a middle-aged man standing by the fence, right where I could see a gate.
– Hello! I take it you’re a traveler, a trainer perhaps?
I nodded in agreement and introduced myself.
– Welcome, welcome! This, as you might’ve read, is the house of Winstrate, a most respectable family of trainers but I’m sure you’ve heard of us.
I had not, in fact, I knew not of any famous trainers, be it family or otherwise, and if I did I was terrible with names.
– You sure you haven’t heard of us? That’s weird… how’s this? What do you say to taking on our family of four in a series of increasingly difficult battles?
My hesitation must’ve been visible.
– Come on, nothing like a challenge to get your blood flowing. What do you say?
This seemed like a gym-type challenge and I wasn’t up for another thing like that, at least for now.
I respectively declined.
– Is that so? Well, we are not going anywhere. Drop in, if you change your mind!